sony DW-U10A (DRU-500A) drive

woody147 00:09 24 Apr 03

has anyone else that has this drive had any problems with it? I've found that it can't read some of my CD-R's saying they're blank when other drives can read them ok....

Giggle n' Bits 00:23 24 Apr 03

or the Software is not corretly installed for using this drive. Check support with Sony or look to see if there is a Firmware update.

Which Windows and is the correct cable and jumper etc.

woody147 00:51 24 Apr 03

hmm don't think it's a faulty drive as it only seems to be one particular brand of disc (Kodak CD-R Ultima) it has a problem with. I only have 2 of these discs, it can't read either but every other cd-r which i have is fine. I guess it's just a quirk of this particular drive?

crx16 00:57 24 Apr 03

i have the OEM, and also Kodak ultima CD-R's,(both silver & gold) and there fine.

i was about to post and say that i haven't tried many different brands of CD-R,but you've mentioned the brand i do have.

have a look round this forum click here if there are any known issue,you'll read about them there.

-pops- 06:32 24 Apr 03

I would tend toward using a CD drive to read CDs and reserve a DVD writer (your sony DW-U10A) for doing just that - writing DVDs. Even than I would play them back on a much lower cost DVD player.

Kudu 07:47 24 Apr 03

I have been waiting over 5 weeks now for a replacement drive from Sony.I have phoned 6 or 7 times and they keep saying a replacement drive is coming from Belgium.To test it try hereclick here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…