Sony DVD/RW installation problem

superfluke 17:22 08 Mar 05

I've just replaced my old CD-RW drive with the above unit with no apparent hiccups and my PC duly said "new hardware installed", but when I try to load a disc, all I get is a message box saying "insert disc into drive". So far I've totally failed to get any assistance or response from either Sony's website or Lowestonweb where I purchased the stupid thing. Perhaps someone in the real day-to-day world of computer problems might be able to offer some shred of advice to a computer illiterate retired old fart.
I can only wait and hope. (Or maybe just scrap the idea and re-install the original workable drive).

sicknote 17:30 08 Mar 05

Is you dvd/rw compatiable with the media you are using, ??
What is the model of the DVD/RW
What Burning software ?

superfluke 19:36 08 Mar 05

Sorry,forgot to say that the new unit is Sony DW-D22A DVD/RW drive and Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD version 8SE came with it. But not a scrap of instructional paperwork to help an old duffer like me. I also have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 (basic)installed and have had no bother in using the old CD/RW unit. My PC is a 3 year old Evesham Axis 1800 running XP with SP2.
Hope this makes a bit more sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…