Sony DVD RW DW-D56A

michael53 10:05 01 Feb 06

I have a Sony laptop(VGN-A217M).The DVD writer will not read blank DVD`s telling me the disc in the drive is full.I have tried different brands still the same result.I have contacted Sony and tried all their solutions none of which have worked.I have no problems with blank CD`s and I can play a DVD film although these sometimes freeze and I have to eject the disc.
I have no virus,everthing is up to date and I have added no new software/hardware.
I am coming to the conclusion that I need a replacement drive!

Any Ideas

Regards

Michael

Double check that it's not the actual DVDs by trying them in a different DVD writer if you have access to one. If they come up as blank in that then it would seem you have a faulty drive.

Where is it telling you that the disc is full? If I view the disc in my computer, it shows as no free space but if I use Nero, it writes to it fine

michael53 10:53 01 Feb 06

Dave
Have tried discs in another machine and they are Ok.In "my computer"they show as full.I dont have Nero.

Gringo2005 13:21 01 Feb 06

Not sure what os you are running, but you will need specific DVD burning software to burn blank DVD's
Something like Nero or Alcohol 120%

if you are just viewing in windows explorer, that can only burn cd's and does'nt have DVD capability

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…