SONY dvd-rw cant read the written DVDs,please HELP

mesionkalion 17:53 11 Jan 06

HI friends,im using Sony DVD-RW DRU-530A which reads and writes all cd-r,cd-rw,dvd-r,dvd-rw and it can read them also EXCEPT that it doesnt read the blank DVD-Rs that I burn through this drive !(it reads CD-R,CD-RW,DVD-RW that are wrieen through it)

Im facing this problem only with the blank DVD-Rs that are burnt only through my DVD-RW drive, Not with any other discs

can somebody please help!

Totally-braindead 18:01 11 Jan 06

Could it be the drive doesn't like this particular make of disk? Perhaps try another brand. Have a look here and see if theres any help click here

mesionkalion 18:40 11 Jan 06

Thx mate, but im still wondering because im using MOSER BAER DVD-Rs, and the same branded DVD-Rs burnt in my friends writer can be read through my drive!

My friend was telling me about the different formats like dvd-r/dvd+r etc. to be checked about my drive , can you help me where to check these?

Totally-braindead 18:53 11 Jan 06

If you go to the link I provided theres a product guide as well as a manual for your writer, you will need Adobe Acrobat to read them which can be downloaded or if you have a PCA coverdisk its on that. It will tell you what disks your writer can burn.

mesionkalion 19:01 11 Jan 06

see my writer can burn all the DVD-/+R/Rws and read as well ONLY EXCEPT THE DVD-Rs that are burnt through it(It can read the DVD-Rws burnt through it) so can I change some settings and solve it?

Totally-braindead 19:09 11 Jan 06

Whatever burning software you use try updating it to the latest version you can get.

mesionkalion 19:14 11 Jan 06

i have latest version of the Nero, i checked it

can it be anything with the multisession?,iso , or any other writing detail with nero that needs to be changed?

mesionkalion 14:26 12 Jan 06

Please guys can anybody help me?

Can it be due to any file format that might be different?

Totally-braindead 14:40 12 Jan 06

One of the things in the link I provided is a firmware upgrade for your cd writer, might be worth looking at.

mesionkalion 14:44 12 Jan 06

i tried that but dint help?

Are there any issues regarding the file format used ? or multisession writing? or using ISO or UDF formats?

Biotech 16:24 12 Jan 06

Are you burning a full disk or are you adding files to the same disk over a period of time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…