Sony DVD Player

Border View 11:33 14 Aug 08

I have a Sony DVD player which I thought played all region DVDs. Just bought a DVD off E-bay but when I came to play it - got the message that playing was prohibited because of region. When I tried it on my computer turns out to be Region 2.

Would welcome your comments.

eedcam 13:20 14 Aug 08

Could be a copy and regardless how good a copy is or any dvd burned on a pc or dvd recorder is not guaranteed to play on every Player
Checkout what it wasmadeas it should be book type dvd-rom if its genuine also asumingits amovie is it on dual layer disc

Border View 13:31 14 Aug 08

Yes it seems genuine enough its Finding Nemo 2 disc Collector's Edition In all the correct case, cover and even an outside slide over cover.

eedcam 13:41 14 Aug 08

Ok is it a 2 disc set and neither will play anyway you can try on another player just to eliminate yours as the prob

Border View 13:44 14 Aug 08

Yep tried on two DVD players with same result. Tried it on computer and had to change settings in Media Player to Region 2 when it played OK.

eedcam 13:48 14 Aug 08

Meant can you try on another player

eedcam 13:49 14 Aug 08

Take it you are not in region 2 then

Border View 13:53 14 Aug 08

Yes I tried it on two different DVD players with same result. No I am in UK and therefore Region 1 or 4

eedcam 13:54 14 Aug 08

UK is region 2

eedcam 13:57 14 Aug 08

Also is it PAL youcan get region 2 with ntsc

Border View 14:14 14 Aug 08

Sorry got it round the wrong way. When I put it in my computer the message comes up "Your system is set to DVD Region 2. To play this DVD set your system to Region 1 or Region 4.

No mention of PAL that I can find on the box but there is NTSC. Dont know what that is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…