Sony DSC-P8 Camera Driver Fault in XP

darran_p 02:29 31 Aug 03

How is it possible to get windows XP to load the device driver for my Sony DSC-P8 cybershot camera?
The instruction manual claims that a seperate driver does not need to be installed if the camera is to be used with XP. However, XP realises that a USB device is attached but will not do anything without a driver. I have the sony driver but XP does not recognise it and will not find it to be present in a search. Please help, I have just bought the camera and would dearly love to be able to tansfer images to my PC.
Thanks...

hugh-265156 05:12 31 Aug 03

click here there does not seem to be any xp drivers available.

you could try connecting the camera and clicking control panel/add hardware and click yes when asked if connected,click "add a new hardware device" at the bottom,then click search and install automaticaly.

i had a look in xps imaging devices drivers list and there is no sony drivers just: agfa,casio,epson,fugifilm/hp,kodak,nikon,olympus,umax and xerox.

anchor 14:39 31 Aug 03

If all else fails, get a USB memory stick reader.

from Sevendayshop:

"USB Memory Card Drive - For Memory Stick

Great for all computer users. Plug and Play - simply connects straight into a USB port or use the included cable extension for even greater convenience and also PC desktop use. Probably the easiest and fastest way to read and write from Memorystick cards. Very compact, fast & easy to use. For Windows 98SE, ME & 2000, Mac OS 8.1 and later, also suitable for Windows XP".

7dayshop.com price .. £9.49

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…