Sony CRX230E cd-rewriter

Zigs 09:47 07 Aug 04

I purchased a new pc from Mesh in March and since then have been unable to burn a cd using the Sony CRX230E cd-rewriter. I get the error message 'Error while writing pre gap for Track 1 . Extended information: #1 Device: Sony CD-RW CRX230E (E:) ILLEGAL REQUEST: INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 20 00 E1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F E0 00 00 (OK) Followed by: The simulation was not succesful. Press 'OK' to watch the writing log (OK)' The drive also has trouble reading certain discs.
I have advised Mesh of the problem and they replaced it with firstly a Micro-Star model which seemed to work fine (although wrong colour!) and secondly another Sony CRX230E(D) but this is experiencing the same problems.
I am using Windows XP and the problem occurs with all the cd-rewriting packages I have (Nero, Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD, Windows Media Player). I also have a Sony DVD-rom installed with the DVD rom set up as master and the CD-Rewriter as slave. They both use the generic Windows drivers.
Any help would be appreciated.

MichelleC 11:14 07 Aug 04

Make sure DMA is enabled on hd's. Is all ok via device manager for cdrom/rewriter.

Sans le Sou 11:45 07 Aug 04

I have a Mesh also with the same drives. All I can suggest is that you remove the pinnacle software and disable the IMAPI (XP burner)and see if this helps. Which version of Nero are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…