SOny CRX140E CD-RW recording speeds

mdshamilton 22:03 01 May 03

I recently bought a box of CD-RW disks from Dixons. They are by Packard Bell and labelled CD-Rewritable, 80 minute, 700 MB Capacity, 1x-10x Compatible. My 5 yr old PC is running XP Home.

The problem I'm having is that when I've tried to record to the CD-RW media mentioned about I get a message from Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum stating that the CD-RW drive cannot support the media, that the disks are too fast. Doesn't 1x-10x Compatible make these disks multispeed? There are no new drivers on the Sony site for this CD-RW drive and it is supported by Roxio, I can format a CDR disk and write to a Sony CD/RW disk that states it's multispeed 1x 2x, 4x.

Any ideas? Use different media?

crx1600 22:20 01 May 03

i had the CRX140E 8x record and 4x rewrite.so those discs should be fine.i never did record a CD-RW so cant comment on any problems.

look at this XP compatability table,it mentions the CRX140 needs an update.click here

mdshamilton 08:51 02 May 03

Thanks crx1600. I had a look at your link, it appears to be an update to a software program called CD Extreme and a related "px engine" update. I'll give it a try tonight, but it does appear to be an application update rather than a a driver update.

Does the forum moderator know anything about CD-RW media? Do disks need to be labelled "Multispeed" to work in drives slower than the maximum advertised media speed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…