SOny CRX140E CD-RW recording speeds

mdshamilton 22:03 01 May 03

I recently bought a box of CD-RW disks from Dixons. They are by Packard Bell and labelled CD-Rewritable, 80 minute, 700 MB Capacity, 1x-10x Compatible. My 5 yr old PC is running XP Home.

The problem I'm having is that when I've tried to record to the CD-RW media mentioned about I get a message from Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum stating that the CD-RW drive cannot support the media, that the disks are too fast. Doesn't 1x-10x Compatible make these disks multispeed? There are no new drivers on the Sony site for this CD-RW drive and it is supported by Roxio, I can format a CDR disk and write to a Sony CD/RW disk that states it's multispeed 1x 2x, 4x.

Any ideas? Use different media?

crx1600 22:20 01 May 03

i had the CRX140E 8x record and 4x rewrite.so those discs should be fine.i never did record a CD-RW so cant comment on any problems.

look at this XP compatability table,it mentions the CRX140 needs an update.click here

mdshamilton 08:51 02 May 03

Thanks crx1600. I had a look at your link, it appears to be an update to a software program called CD Extreme and a related "px engine" update. I'll give it a try tonight, but it does appear to be an application update rather than a a driver update.

Does the forum moderator know anything about CD-RW media? Do disks need to be labelled "Multispeed" to work in drives slower than the maximum advertised media speed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5