Sony Clie advice

bobbyp 16:53 06 Apr 05

Hello, I appreciate this is not a PC question but I can't find out much info on the Sony Clie.

I am interested in purchasing one mainly because I have a Sony digital camera and like the idea of being able to view and copy photos on to the PDA (e.g when on holiday).

Firstly, can I do this? Secondly, which one to go for?

Any advice appreciated.

Lokit 12:57 07 Apr 05

Have a look at click here.

Kate B 17:09 07 Apr 05

Sony doesn't make Clies any more but you can still find them around - here's a link to one:
click here

I've had several Clies and they're all good. The TH55 here is basically a super PDA with one niggle: Sony has bolted a proprietary front-end on to the perfectly functional Palm OS which is a bit tricksy. You can disable it, though if you take the time to get used it, it's fine.

Kate B 17:11 07 Apr 05

One other thought, though: it's a bit slow processing full-size jpgs from a Memory Stick for viewing and you won't be able to copy them to the Clie: its internal memory is pretty small (32MB, if I remember correctly). I use the Belkin card reader (which takes Memory Sticks) for my iPod to store pictures while on the move and clear MSs for further use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…