Sony CDRW isn't detected in Nero

Murray 16:39 19 Jan 03
  Murray 16:39 19 Jan 03

I have just bought a brand new Sony 48x12848 CD recorder. Swapped my old Liteon drive out, booted up and Nero wont detect it. The only drive it can detect is a "virtual Recorder". I have nero version 5.7, pretty new i think.

The drive works fine as a CD ROM drive, what am I doing wrong?

Rtus 16:55 19 Jan 03

I dont think your doing anything wrong as such exept expecting the Sony to work with nero .Nero I assume came with the Old Liteon Drive? Sony I think use Bwrite (or something like that ..) its their own software version ..

jimv7 17:04 19 Jan 03

Download the latest upgrade from nero, from

click here

Rtus 17:17 19 Jan 03

click here thats the supported software..and theres this notice on site but dont know if its the correct model (you didnt give the number) click here

Rtus 17:21 19 Jan 03

Also just in case Go to nero then Choose Cd recorder Drop down menu Then see if the sony's listed if not its not supported by your Nero software ,Partic if its bundled version as they are usually tied to the drive it was bought with..But post back and let us know..

Murray 20:04 19 Jan 03

My drive is a CRX210E1 - I downloaded the latest version from, now it detects it works a treat - lightning fast!

the previous version didnt support my drive for some reason - I checked in the list of CD recorders - the latest software sorted it out...

Murray 20:05 19 Jan 03

btw, i got my drive from Dabs, and it didnt come with any CD's or manuals - so that notice didnt apply to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…