SONY CD-R/RW DRIVER

BREEN 17:40 07 Oct 03

I have reformatted my hard drive and found to my horror tht my installation disc for my Sony cd-r/rw crx21sa1 is damaged,
I have tried the Sony site for a driver but cant find one.
I can live with the fact that I will need some new software but where do I get a driver.

Any help or advice gratfully received.

BarryKeith 18:39 07 Oct 03

You do not require a driver for your CD-R/RW, all you have lost is the software that was provided on the disc, most of which you should find as a download from sony.

BREEN 11:02 08 Oct 03

i HAVE CHECKED THE UK sony site cannot find any reference to my cd-r.rw olayer or to any down load.I have emailed Sony for advice but have not received a reply. That is why I posted my problem on this board.

Hyperangelic 11:12 08 Oct 03

There are no drivers required or a CD-R/CD-RW. You just stick them in and they work.

Your CD just had writing software on it, which you may be able to get from Sony if they get back to you, or you could bite the bullet and buy some more.

Funnily enough, CD writers aren't on the standard sony site, you will need to go to click here and click on support, choose CD-RW. No software though, I think you will have to speak to them direct.

BREEN 09:11 10 Oct 03

Thanks for your help..Contacted Sony they gave bad advice and refused to help with obtaining software.

Jester2K II 09:23 10 Oct 03

What does the label on the CD say?

What version of Windows are you using?

Stuartli 09:51 10 Oct 03

You only need the standard Windows driver to use a CD/DVD-ROM drive or rewriter and Windows will install it automatically.

If you uninstall the rewriter and reinstall it there should be no problems.

What people tend to do is confuse the basic driver with firmware updates.

If you look in System Information you will see that your CD/DVD-ROM drive and/or rewriter will have the standard Windows driver listed alongside.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…