Sony Camera program, I think I am going mad !

3tg 20:19 10 Jul 03

In the past I could download from my camera to the program that came with it. Now when I try to open the program I get an error box with "CSAlbun has caused an error in Nvdisp.drv CSAlbum will now close". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but I cant get past this message. Nvdisp.drv is in Windows/options/cab and also in Windows/system. As a bit of a novice can anyone help ?. I am in this forum now, and to get the exact message, I "opened the program expecting the get the error message and I got in. I am mystified. Cheers.

User-312386 20:21 10 Jul 03

what operating system are you running and when did the fault start occurring?

bremner 20:24 10 Jul 03

Nvdisp.drv sounds like an Nvidia file - have you updated your graphics card drivers recently.

If so I would revert to the previous one and see if that makes a difference.

3tg 09:51 11 Jul 03

OS is Windows ME, I am not sure when the fault started as I haven't tried to access it for a while, however I have noticed that the screen keeps "flicking" now. I have tried "restore" but I dont know how far back to go. I haven't changed any drivers, I checked the properties of Nvdisp.drv and it is a Nvidia file and it is listed in ControlPanel/System as Display adapters. I have just tried again, and I can only access the program if I am ONline. weird!!! Cheers

3tg 11:01 11 Jul 03

Can't spell these days ! Anyway I think I may have fixed it. I checked the driver disk supplied with the computer and the Video drivers were Nvidia, so I took the chance and reinstalled them, so far so good. I still have the "flickering" screen though !. THanks for your help anyway, if I still have trouble "I will be back" Cheers

bremner 15:37 11 Jul 03

Flickering screen may be your resolution needs increasing. Choose Settings > Advanced > Monitor in Display Properties and if it is at 60Hz increase it to at least 75 and higher if the monitor will take it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…