sony camcorder mini dvd recorded but can not view

frankie 19:32 12 Feb 06

sony camcorder mini dvd recorded but can not view contents on my pc.have xp pro,i can view through camera,but can not see recorded piece on my pc appears to be blank? am i missing something,bet its simple ...

woodchip 20:00 12 Feb 06

I don't think they let you do that. I have JVC and you have to capture to Hard Drive to play through a Video Edit program. Then you can watch it. I play mine direct to DVD or Video on standalone recorder or can watch direct through TV, using the Camcorder AV output

john-232317 20:03 12 Feb 06

Maybe you have to finalize the disc to play on other units.

frankie 20:09 12 Feb 06

i have a cd came with camera does that mean i put that on pc and go to that prog rather then power dvd or media player,thanks for response

frankie 20:10 12 Feb 06

how do you finalise the disc,is it via camcorder it is re writable mini disc? and i have not done that?

woodchip 20:14 12 Feb 06

Yes load the CD software then capture you Video into the program provided. When you have it on the Drive you can just double click the Video file and media player or power DVD should play it. or brows to the Video

frankie 20:19 12 Feb 06

thanks will try tomorrow now,you do a good job on here for us with new users using new technologies,thanks again for your help,

woodchip 20:23 12 Feb 06

That's OK thank's for the reply. let's know how you get on. and do not be afraid to ask for more info i you need it. If it's sorts that Problem Tick this thread as resolved then start new thread for new subject. Woodchip

frankie 20:33 12 Feb 06

thanks will do

john-232317 20:12 13 Feb 06

Just had a look at my mates sony and you do have to finalize the dvd, even rw discs to watch on other players, you can also un-finalize if you want to record more at a later time.

frankie 22:34 14 Feb 06

thats a yo yo thanks guys keep up good work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…