Sonic RecordNow! CD program - update problem

bart warstein 12:55 04 May 06

I've run into a catch22 with my Sonic RecordNow program (OEM on my laptop). When I try Help>Check for Updates from the options within the app, it says it can't connect to the server, please check connection. My broadband Internet connection is fine.

So I try to access the Sonic website. My product is registered, but when I try to login for support,or even to submit an online query, the site says there's an error on the Sonic server (ie not incorrect password), the login can't be processed, site admins have been notified and are working on it (sic).

And any attempt to download updates direct from the site gets the message that this should be done using the "Check for Updates" option within the RecordNow program. Catch 22!

So I can't make any contact with Sonic, even to find out what the server/connection problem is or how to work round it. Anyone got any ideas?

pj123 13:13 04 May 06

I don't have Sonic Recordnow but I do have Sonic MyDVD registered with Sonic.

I have just logged in to the Sonic support site no problem.

Listed on there is a telephone number for Europe:

+353 (0) 61 702066.

I think 353 is Eire.

Give it a try.

Can't give you a link because it is on my password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…