Sonic MyDVD for CD - June 2004 DVD

I have loaded the above program from the DVD and it does not work. After clicking on the desktop Icon I get an error message advising that the "Skin" cannot be found. I am advised to reload the program. I then get an error message saying that the program has performed an illegal operation. Reloading the program does not change the situation.

My PC was perfect before loading this program but now it refuses to shutdown correctly. I get the blue Scandisk screen at every boot up. I am running Win 98SE.

Has anyone got this program to run correctly? If yes, any suggestions why I am experiencing these difficulties?

Thanks in advance, Wee McKiltie.

GaT7 21:20 15 May 04

Taken from a Sonic MyDVD support article:

Symptom: When trying to launch MyDVD for the first time, the error "Can not read the skin file. Please reinstall the application" appears. This sometimes occurs after updates to the Windows OS and is usually related to certain DLL's not being recognized.

Solution: There are few things that will help alleviate this issue if it occurs:

1) Make sure that you have the latest versions of Windows Media Player, DirectX, and Internet Explorer as MyDVD references these applications to run. Links for Windows Update and DirectX are below*.

2) After these updates have been confirmed, you may need to reregister some of your XML .dll files which are listed below.

MSXML3.DLL
MSDXMLC.DLL
MSXML.DLL
MSXML2.DLL
MSXML2R.DLL
MSXML3R.DLL
MSXMLR.DLL

Re-register them one at a time as follows ("MSXML3.DLL" is used as a first example):

Start -> Run. Type "regsvr32 MSXML3.DLL" (without the quotes. Be sure to include a space between "regsvr32" and the .dll file name.)

Then try to start up MyDVD to see if it will run. If it does not, then move on to the next .DLL

3) If you still have problems, please contact Sonic Technical support.

* 1. DirectX - click here for more info, & click here to d'load. If you'd like to check your version, type dxdiag in the Start/Run box & click OK. Install directX 9.0b if you don't already have it. A mag cover disc may have it - that'll save you the d'loading. 2. Win Update - click here. Good luck, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…