Sonic MyDVD

pj123 15:17 05 Aug 05

I am trying to get some help from Sonic.

I checked their website (which now appears to be Roxio). I sent a fax (as all emails seem to be returned as "undelivered") explaining my problem to their UK office and have now received an email telling me to phone their office in Ireland. I don't really want to phone their office in Ireland. The fax I sent to them explained the problem I was having so why can't they just email me the solution?

The problem: I am using Sonic MyDVD to make a slide show. I have set the amount of time the slide is onscreen to 5 seconds. The preview in MyDVD is running perfect. Every slide remains on screen for 5 seconds. But when I burn it to DVD and then play it on my TV the slides change almost instantly.

Anyone using MyDVD who can help? Thanks.

ACOLYTE 15:25 05 Aug 05

I dont have the answer only a suggestion,maybe extending the time may help on your tv maybe 15/20 seconds may be more like 5 on the tv.

BurrWalnut 15:46 05 Aug 05

I don't think it's a function of the Sonic software but the DVD player. I've had similar problems.

I can't adjust the interval on my oldish player but you may be able to on yours.

pj123 15:13 06 Aug 05

ACOLYTE, thanks. Just tried that and no go, still the same. Have tried 20 second delay, 30 second delay and 60 second delay. All play the same (from the DVD disc)

BurrWalnut, have now tried to play this DVD on LG 4082b, LG4163B and Liteon 5600. Regardless of the player the slides still change almost immediately. Looks like Sonic MyDVD isn't capable of doing a slide show as you would like.

Seems as though I am going to have to ring their helpdesk in Ireland.

I do have other slideshow programmes that will acknowledge the slide delay but they only write to CD and not DVD, which restricts the amount of slides from 4.7gb to 650mb.

stalion 17:15 06 Aug 05
  stalion 17:19 06 Aug 05

type in search, slideshow mydvd, scroll down to your delay problem

conrail 18:06 06 Aug 05

try this, click here, I got sonic my dvd as part of serif's movie+ 4, failing that, contact serif technical help, click here

crx1600 20:23 06 Aug 05

why not try with Nero?

pj123 13:20 08 Aug 05

stalion, thanks, good try. There is no Music. Music is set to off and Transitions also set to off.

crx1600, thanks have tried Nero (the latest version) on my PC and that works perfectly. The person who is trying to make this slideshow doesn't have the option of Make Slideshow on his version of Nero. Looks like he is due an upgrade.

Seeing him on Thursday this week. Will sort it out then. Have told him to get the latest version from: click here

which is where I got mine from.

Will post back when fixed (or otherwise).

pj123 17:55 11 Aug 05

He took my advice and got Nero version 6. We updated to the latest version this morning.

Slideshows are now working perfectly. He is a happy bunny.

Thanks for the advice.

Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…