Sonic (Benq) versus Nero 6?

Diemmess 15:14 04 Sep 05

A bit Catch 22 really!

Have a 2K system happily running Nero which was originally bundled with a LiteOn CD R/RW.

Recently, I added a Benq DVD DD DW1620 which with its bundled software was OK for reading DVDs. Today I decided to burn a lot of data with it. Starting to install Benq's 'Sonic' (DVD writing software) the program wanted to remove Nero first.

I cancelled and ran Nero noting that it offered DVD burning if I chose the Benq device. I wandered through the Wizard up to the point where I pressed the burn button ...... straight away the message "Nero will only work on the device it was bundled with."

I like Nero, am used to it and would like to stay with it, but it looks as though either -----

[1] I will have to buy the latest Nero 6 or (Nero Reloaded)

or [2] remove Nero, install Sonic and hope that will fully replace the nero I like?

Which way should I jump?

Taff36 15:26 04 Sep 05

Anyone you know got OEM Nero v6? That should work.

pj123 15:43 04 Sep 05

You can buy Nero version 6 from: click here for £3.49 plus postage.

That is where I got mine from and since then I have updated it to the latest version on the Nero website for free.

I did post a response to someone else on this subject but due to the absence of My Postings I can't find it now.

Diemmess 17:23 04 Sep 05

An obliging person has come to my rescue

Diemmess 18:07 07 Sep 05

Taff came to my rescue and pj's update idea worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…