Somthing wierd with the keybored....

Brezza 15:08 09 Apr 07

Hi guys,

hope someone can help with with a little problem im having its driving me insain lol.

for some reason at random times my keybord seems "act" as if they CTRL is constantly pressed down. Iv tried 3 differnt keybords so its not the hardware, i cant type anything because when i hit a letter for instance the "f" key it brings down the file menu as i was was pusing "ctrl + f".

Iv updated and ran adaware, and AVG both have come up with nothing, tried 3 keybords and the same things happens. If i restart the machine it seems to be ok but eventualy falls back.

If i leave it for 10 mins or so it seems to set itself stright again, but only lasts for about 20 minutes or so....

When it happend i tried using the "On-screen" keybord that comes with window xp but the same thing happens, i think the ctrl key is constantly pressed down.

Its a very stange problem and i couldnt find any info on it on the net, was hoping someone here may have had somthing similar and fixed it?

Many thanks, any help is appreciated :)

mole44 15:14 09 Apr 07

have you tried a different keyboard

Brezza 15:15 09 Apr 07

I Have tried 3 differnt keybords, and scaned for viruses and an spyware, still having the same problem :(

MAJ 15:19 09 Apr 07

Make sure that the Sticky Key option isn't ticked in Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Keyboard tab.

Brezza 15:22 09 Apr 07

Hiya,

Yeah just checked the stickey keys option and its not turned on, although thats a pefect description of the problem, its like the CTRL is stuck, regarless of how many keybords i try, its the fact that it still does the same thing when using the on screen keybord that makes me thing its an OS problem, just cant seem to resolve it lol

bof:) 16:29 09 Apr 07

have a look here.

click here

doing a reinstall over the top of XP is suggested.

Have you tried going back to a previous system restore point to see if this stops? (remember any work you have done between restore points will be lost, so back up all personal work first)

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…