Something sucking memory

Peachman 22:21 18 Nov 08

I have a 2.6 Celeron w/512MB, and the performance meter is constantly at 100%. I have tried to remove as many programs as I can, but I am missing something, obviously. Is there any way to identify the source?

MAT ALAN 22:28 18 Nov 08

Scan your PC for spy/malware...

task manager will tell you what processes are running... ctrl alt del will get you there..

Peachman 22:33 18 Nov 08

Yeah, that's how I got to the performance meter. I closed just about all I could.

You're probably right about the spyware. I use AVG Spyware, but perhaps something snuck by.

MAT ALAN 22:38 18 Nov 08

click here

click here

click here

if you don't have these progs download and run them, all free...

citadel 22:39 18 Nov 08

512 of memory is not much, you can add more as it is very cheap, apart from ddr3

birdface 22:53 18 Nov 08

I know what you mean.Mine is just the same.Nothing that more memory wont help.Most of my security programs use about 80-100% of the CPU which makes it difficult to open new pages.Have you tried SIW that will show you how much memory that you have left. click here or check Task Manager to see if anything using the CPU.If nothing running system idle process should be showing about 97%.Drivers needing updated maybe. click here and maybe try Winaso Optimizer[free]It only repairs 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like. click here Maybe do a defrag and chkdsk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac