Something other than windows media player ??

chriscross72 21:41 23 Dec 04

Could anyone suggest a good alternative to windows media player 9. There is nothing wrong with it, I know, and I do like the way the graphics move etc etc.... But there must be something else prettier and cleverer and better to use.....there always is !! Any suggestions please ?

Thank you : ))

Jackcoms 21:45 23 Dec 04

Windows Media Player 10 ???

GaT7 22:00 23 Dec 04

I would recommend Quintessential Player click here. It's light on resources & has some rather nice skins click here. Also, you'll need to install some extra plug-ins click here, to add enhanced features & playback options. G

Technotiger 22:07 23 Dec 04

Hi, or try dbooth.com/real_player.htm for free download.

Irishman 22:10 23 Dec 04

click here play anything you want but it isn't that pretty!

Starfox 22:32 23 Dec 04

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

You should find something useful here.

dogbreath1 22:42 23 Dec 04

Starfox lists Winamp. I've used it for ages. It's not too heavy on memory, a very simple interface, it's lightning quick (try changing between tracks- I've got thousands of tracks on my hard drive and it changes between them with no perceptible delay). The visualisations are great and best of all it's free. Can't praise it highly enough.

GaT7 00:50 24 Dec 04

MusicMatch Jukebox click here (for non-WinXP users click here), Zoom Player click here & dBpowerAMP Audio Player click here. Plus a WHOLE lot more (sorted by user rating) click here?. When you're done, come back to tell us which one(s) you liked & kept. G

Stuartli 09:33 24 Dec 04

There's also Real Alternative and QuickTime Alternative.

Stuartli 09:48 24 Dec 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…