something interesting

mickie 13:14 23 Mar 03

when i boot up my computer it always comes up with scan disk screen in throrough and not in standard.i there any one who can help.

bigdamouk 14:08 23 Mar 03

Why is that interesting to me?

Phased 14:18 23 Mar 03

Perhaps your PC is not closing down properly and in Win98/ME that will trigger scandisk on startup.

ellas 14:22 23 Mar 03

have you scheduled scandisk to run at startup,if so check its ticked for standard,any reason you want it to run every startup,once a week manual check will probaley be enough.

ellas 14:26 23 Mar 03

just seen your other post no wonder scandisc is running sounds like you have major probs.

bigdamouk 11:45 24 Mar 03

I feel I have to reply to justify my above response.
I realise it was in no way helpful to the problem stated but over and over again there have been discussions regarding the titling of threads.
Yet over and over again it is totally disregarded by people who are unwilling to read and adhere to the sites term and conditions.

There is even a notice on the main page of the Helproom saying 'Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject'

The thread title of this post in no way describes the problem the user is having.

I make no apologies for my initial response

Regards

Damo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…