//some 3rd party need geo

Something is hijacking IE

hilvalen 11:56 30 Aug 04

I have been cleaning up my dad's system but there are a couple of problems I can't get rid of. 1. Whenever I start the machine, the connection dialogue box comes up i.e something is trying to access the internet. 2. The homepage is constantly reset to either about:blank or click here whenever IE is running. I have run SpyBot S&D (found loads but now corrected), updated to IE6, and loaded all of the latest security updates for Win 98. Any ideas to help please?

VoG II 12:05 30 Aug 04

Try CWShredder click here

hilvalen 13:18 30 Aug 04

VoG - Thanks for the advice. Cwshredder found 6 items and it fixed my problem no 2. Something is still trying access teh internet when I restart. If I open the system monitor there is something running called 'Deinst gfe002'. Does this mean anything to anybody?

VoG II 13:48 30 Aug 04

Doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. Try Start, Run, msconfig and look for it on the Startup tab.

You could also try a scan with Ad-aware click here - it finds things that Spybot misses and vice versa.

Also a² click here

bretsky 14:10 30 Aug 04

Try this click here it will list all the programs at start up and give info about each program, it's free and easy to use.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…