Something is 'eating' my incoming email contents

Chris the Ancient 10:44 19 Mar 11

... Occasionally!

Using Win XP, Outlook XP Pro, Mailwasher Pro and AVG Free.

It happened once on Thursday and once yesterday.

On both occasions, my iPhone let me know I had an email; so I previewed it and toddled off to the pc to download it. The incoming emails were picked up by Mailwasher, I had a chance to read the first few lines using its preview pane.

I then processed the emails for downloading to Outlook. In Outlook, all I got was the AVG check message that normally sits at the bottom of the message - but no message.

One of the emails did have an attachment and that came through OK.

Anyone had anything similar? Otherwise I might just rip out AVG and go for something else because it looks as though that was where the damage occurred.

Chris the Ancient 12:21 19 Mar 11

Interesting link. Thanks.

I've now turned off the email scanner and I'll see what happens for a while.

For now, I'll mark as resolved.

Woolwell 13:42 19 Mar 11

The clue may be that you previewed on your iPhone. How are the messages remaining on the server? Is the entire message visible through webmail.

Chris the Ancient 14:39 19 Mar 11

Sorry to be slow. Been out washing a few weeks' of muck off the car (I now realise that it is blue!)

That thought had gone through my mind as well about previewing on the iPhone. But, it's only in the last week that this has happened. I would also be fairly (but only fairly) sure that I have previewed emails before in the time I've had the iPhone.

Added to that, the message is showing in the preview pane on Mailwasher when I open it. It does seem peculiar, though, that everything else such as 'mail to' and attachments are still coming into Outlook, but with no text, which seems to indicate that everything else is still on the server?

But, tomorrow, when I have some more time available, I shall try some trials looking at that possibility, with and without AVG email checking, to see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5