Something Is Downloading...

XFX 18:46 10 Oct 03

My firewall is indicating that something is constantly downloading on to my PC at 1.2k. I have done a virus scan, no virus. I have run both Spybot and adaware, Both have given the all clear.
So what is down loading on to my PC? Where do I go to find out and how do I stop it?
I have also tried turning my E-mail client off as well. but something is downloading onto my PC.

can you help?

Jester2K II 18:48 10 Oct 03

Go through you list of application that you have allowed through the firewall and stop them in turn. When the downloading has stopped you have you culprit.

However i think it'll turn out to be normal Internet background trafic...

XFX 19:05 10 Oct 03

I have blocked all the applications in my firewall and still the downloading continues. How can I find out what it is?

woodchip 19:13 10 Oct 03

Have you got XP auto update activated

hugh-265156 19:15 10 Oct 03

are you on broadband?

your download light will be on quite a lot but as jester says above it will probally just be your isp checking you are still there.

XFX 19:20 10 Oct 03

No I haven't got the auto update activated.

Yes I am on broadband, have been for 10 months, But I am sure the traffic indicator on my Firewall(Sygate Pro)wasn't constantly on until today.

hugh-265156 19:30 10 Oct 03

update your av and run it

download click here update it and run it too.remove all it finds.

test your firewall click here click the ShieldsUP!! Services tabs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…