something to collect?

Internetwhizzkid 20:43 31 Dec 06

Hi,
again this may seem the wrong place to ask but. After watching something on the television, I have been given the urge to start collecting something. Which i will them be able to keep and make a few pounds later on in life.

Has anyone got any ideas of something that i could start to collect?

I just feel now is the time to start being a new year and all that, and see if i can collect something that will bring joy to other members of the family in years to come

Thanks
Ben

terryf 20:48 31 Dec 06

Money is always a good starter

Diodorus Siculus 20:52 31 Dec 06

Your two goals aren't going to be easily reconciled:

make money vs something to bring joy to the family

(Unless money brings joy to the family!)

Decide which you want and take it from there!

I'd go for first editions of books - if you can spot the new Harry Potter whoever it may be, buy it.

To my mind, collecting should be for fun (joy?) - go for it and have fun!

Belatucadrus 00:21 01 Jan 07

Steiff Teddy bears, frequently end up being good investments, the larger and more biliously coloured the better. Do not let Kids chew them.

Blackhat 01:05 01 Jan 07

Early Isaac Asimov hardback books, I have over 200 and they are now worth a fortune, try charity shops, car boot sales etc.

My wife is a doll expert and buys from the same places, repairs and restores then sells on ebay every week and makes on average £150 per week profit (but she knows what she is doing).

From friends recomondations: Die cast models, 1950's tableware, victorian corkscrews.
Try the book "Car Boot Collectables" and other similar titles for inspiration.

On a personal note, everyone is a collecter of sorts, it is what you have an affinity too that will give you the passion to turn an idea into an achievable goal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…