Something called Personal Antivirus keeps popping

Valli1 23:06 02 Oct 09

Hi again. Took this off Beginners Site and cannot find it on here now so am trying again.
Adware called Personal Antivirus

Hi. I am still getting problems with this thing!!!! I tried Malware and it did not give any result. McAfee says it is a "safe" site. All well and good but I don't want it. I spend all evening muttering
"go away" and I am talking to the adware - duh!!! I am at my wit's end now. I think I am typing and then find that it has popped up again and I have to start again. AArrgg!!! There MUST be a way of getting rid of it. PC Advisor just came up and said it was "safe". I am baffled. All my scans say all is well and the PC works fine on Mozilla but Internet Explorer is "blocked". Any connection???? If anyone has any ideas I will try again. Thanks all.

Valli, If you think your question has been answered, ple

lotvic 23:14 02 Oct 09

Other thread click here

Valli please stick to just one thread as it is confusing for those trying to help.

lotvic 23:26 02 Oct 09

Remove Home Personal Antivirus (Uninstall Guide) with screenshots click here
from bleepingcomputer.com

This is free program

p;3 10:53 03 Oct 09

( I will maybe ask FE to lock the other thread to avoid confusion )

From the other thread; I wrote;Of interest, does the XP computer have SP3 installed on it ?

Malwarebytes is a FREE program and does not require any money to use it

You say you have sought help elsewhere; can you show us where so we know what they have tried for you ?

Can we please see a scan report from the Malwarebytes scan to see what is going on ??

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…