Something call Popnav has hi-jacked my Hotmail

splinternet 23:43 01 Feb 04

I setup Outlook 2000 as the front-end for my Hotmail e-mail account. When I click on the Hotamil 'Inbox' folder in Outlook, it downloads any e-mails from Hotmail. However, I've now started getting this popping up in the Outlook window area every time: click here

I can't get rid of it to view my emails. If I go into Hotmail directly, it's not in the inbox there. Does anyone know where it's come from and how I can get rid of it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:51 01 Feb 04

Download the free version of adaware click here. Popnav will go.

G

The Spires 23:52 01 Feb 04

CWShredder click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:52 01 Feb 04

Look here as well.........click here

G

splinternet 09:01 02 Feb 04

Gandalf - I downloaded and ran AdAware 6 (it found 236 objects) but as soon as I fired up Outlook, Popnav hijacked the inbox window again. I'm also finding IE crashing regularly now.

byfordr 09:33 02 Feb 04

Also try spybot click here
which is like adaware When you fix the problem use click here Start page guard and spyware blaster to stop nasties getting on in the first place click here

byfordr 09:33 02 Feb 04

Also try spybot click here
which is like adaware When you fix the problem use click here Start page guard and spyware blaster to stop nasties getting on in the first place click here

splinternet 19:11 02 Feb 04

I've downloaded and run Adware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard and StartPage Guard, but I'm still getting annoying pop-up's and hijacking of my browser when I open a new window or try opening a folder in Outlook. Admittedly, not every time, and the crashing of IE has now stopped, but I thought appltying all the above would stop anything nasty getting through.

VoG II 19:14 02 Feb 04

CWShredder as suggested by The Spires 23:52

splinternet 14:30 03 Feb 04

VoG and everyone, thanks for all your advice - appear to be popup-free now and Outlook even intercepted My Doom.

splinternet 18:19 03 Feb 04

er - one further question. I've got Windows XP and have set up four user accounts. Do I need to log in as each in turn to run Adware, SpyBot, etc....? Reason I ask is that as soon as my wife logged in today, she got inundated with the usual popup shower, whereas I'm now popup-free. Her home page url is the same as mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…