Someones hacked into my comp,.EXE's not working

prodway 12:25 21 Mar 04

Hi,woke up to a nightmare this morning.Having left my comp on overnight iv recieved some kind of virus or a hackers changed some settings on my comp.When i click on a game icon,lets say flight simulator i get the message:"windows cannot find'D:\Program files\microsoft games\flight simulator\fs9.exe',make sure you typed the name correctly,then try again.to search for this file,click start,and the search"

i get this with any application i try,but when i right click and "run as" i get "which account user do u want to run this program?"
"current user(my name etc..)"then in the check box its ticked(protect my comp and data from unathorized program activity)if i uncheck that,the application runs fine.so is there a setting in windows where i can set all these tick boxes to be unchecked?

prodway 12:55 21 Mar 04

Please somone help before i have to reinstall!!i cant get into user accounts either

Jomi 13:01 21 Mar 04

have you had a look at this prodway ?
click here

Forum Editor 13:22 21 Mar 04

Have you tried using the system restore to roll back the computer to a previous steady state?

Have you run your anti-virus scanner?

What was your firewall doing - presumably you do have a firewall if you're in the habit of leaving the computer online all night - have you looked at the log?

prodway 13:28 21 Mar 04

My anti virus software let me know i had an infected email,which was when my comp started to play up.I thought nothing of it at the time as it told me it had deleted the virus.It wont let me roll back either.im running beagle fix tool which is what it might be,ill let u know what happens.Cheers Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…