Someone who understands the depths of XP please!!!

Viv-208691 23:11 27 Jan 05

i recently created an online trial for a programme. However when I tried to use the programme, the username and password that I supplied initially werent accepted. I tried reinstalling but that had no effect. Then when I tried to create another account it was rejected because I had already created one trial account on my pc. Is there anything that I can do to resolve the problem with the first account or enable me to create a new one on the same pc?

Thanks a lot, Vin.

(p.s. Im not simply looking for an extended trial, rather get my old one back - I just dont understand the depths of XP well enough!)

Technotiger 23:19 27 Jan 05

Hi, a System Restore back a day or two before you made the changes might help.

Steve N 23:22 27 Jan 05

What is the programme you are setting up a Trial account for?

Is the trial account a Windows account or one on an online website?

What does the installation signup process of the programme involve?

Viv-208691 17:18 28 Jan 05

I could try a system restore but it was a few weeks ago now, would it change other settings that I wouldnt actually want changed?

I downloaded the programme first but in order to use the online facilities i need to have an account which is not working.

Any ideas?

Can i change some stuff in the reg or anything?

ACOLYTE 17:39 28 Jan 05

So the trial period has ended and you wont to reinstall to get another 30 days or whatever it was free is that what you wont?

JonnyTub 17:43 28 Jan 05

it would help if you could name the programme, it may spur a member into a "euraka" moment of "i know the answer i had that programme installed".

Forum Editor 18:31 28 Jan 05

If you downloaded a free time-limited trial version you will not be able to use a second trial of the same program once the first installation has expired.

Viv-208691 18:37 28 Jan 05

It was an internet security trial. Its ok, they got back to me about an hour ago and now I can enjoy the last 34 days of my 60 day trail!!

Thanks for your help, sorry, I should have just been more patient.

As I said, the trail hadnt 'ended,' I had simply forgotten my details and was wandering if I could somehow reset some of the password settings or something.

imstuck 18:54 28 Jan 05

Can anybody help?
I have an E-Mail address with outlook express and i am trying to create another address through outlook express for my partner. How is this done?
The E-Mail help tells me to go into tools then accounts and Mail, then i'm suppose to fill details via the wizzard. At about the 6th or 7th step i'm suppose to make sure i choose the option: I already have an account and want to keep it,(or something to that effect). But this option is not there! so i'm a little confused and have spent hours trying. Please HELP!

Graham ® 19:32 28 Jan 05

This topic is resolved, please start a new subject, I suggest 'Add a new account in Outlook Express' for a title.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…