Is someone watching my pc's moves??

johnmil 13:48 02 Apr 04

I run a small home network, all 4 pc's are on XP Pro with SP1 and the zillions of IE patches etc. I have a broadband router with NAT and Firewall. On my main PC whenever I right click to get an option menu, then select say file copy and paste, there is a long pause before the menu works, during which time the activity lights for each pc on my router all flash. This also happens if I double click a word doc in "my documents" - again there is a long pause before Word opens and again the router shows network activity. Even if all the other pc's are off, I still have the same effect. All are running Norton AV2003 Pro, and I have used AdAware to look for anything odd. I have also used the "Shields Up" website to check all ports etc, which reports all in Stealth Mode and invisible to the web. I'm stumped by this behaviour - can anyone suggest any reason for it?

Indigo 1 14:46 02 Apr 04

Have a look at this click here

I hope you find it useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…