someone please help

vlg 10:09 08 Aug 04

Im new to the internet lark, and theres so much going on with my computer that im not sure were to start. Switched on this morning ran AVG(the most recent 1) and in have had to keep running it and everytime i get C:\programfiles\windows mediaplayer with Trojanhorse dropper.small.5.Bp its heals ok but then get it back, also i have had C:\_restore/temp/A0029042.cpy this is still infected and if i were to heal it comes up am i sure basically. Then it gets better this, my tool bar at the bottom has dissappeared(the start menu and some shortcuts)to get on the net i used the internet thingy at the top and im mow on http:\\click here which in fact should be ntlworld/broadband.
The list goes on. I am having it formatted but cant get it done till the end of the month as im skint but i cant not go on the internet till then.Im getting really desperate now so if any of you guys/girls now what the hell is going on and know of any tips to get me through it would be eternally grateful.
thank you
vikki

christmascracker 10:13 08 Aug 04

You need to turn of system restore then run AVG. Dont forget to turn it back ofterwards.

JoeC 10:13 08 Aug 04

Right click on taskbar.

Check there is no tick in " Auto hide the taskbar "

Switch off System restore and then run your AV - remember to switch System restore back ononce finished.

JoeC 10:14 08 Aug 04

after right clicking taskbar I should have said to select properties !

VoG II 10:17 08 Aug 04

Turn off System Restore and scan again with AVG click here

Download Ad-aware click here Spybot click here CWShredder click here and a² click here

Run each of them in turn: use the update function, then scan and let them delete everything they find.

Turn System Restore back on again.

JoeC 10:19 08 Aug 04

To change your home page, go to the site you want as a home page.

Select Tools > Internet Options > and then " Use Current " where it says Home page

vlg 10:45 08 Aug 04

i just sent an email to you chris sorry i wasnt sure how to reply on this page, sorry bout that, but will try yours

vlg 10:45 08 Aug 04

i just sent an email to you chris sorry i wasnt sure how to reply on this page, sorry bout that, but will try yours

vlg 10:46 08 Aug 04

sorry it wasnt a Chris it was a Joe and then its gone twice

vlg 10:46 08 Aug 04

sorry it wasnt a Chris it was a Joe and then its gone twice

vlg 10:52 08 Aug 04

im bout to give up with this stupid thing. I cant right click the task bar as it doing the thing with the pointer to say its busy. Tried to access it from my computer but it wont let me in now what do i do i cant even switch the computer of or ought. Got to nip out will be back in a while so if anyone got anymore suggestions put them all in cause im going crazy. Of to get a quick liquid lunch helps with the hangover
see you soon all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…