Somebody is trying to hack my laptop

shan007 01:56 10 Dec 14

Hi somebody is trying to hack my laptop..or already Hacked I don't know. I have norton antivirus. Getting messages like unauthorised access like MySQL 32. I can see the IP address in the norton history. What should I do? I have turned off my laptop. Please help.

mole1944 06:55 10 Dec 14

If your using wifi you have changed your passwords and logon for it didn't you,if your unsure phone your isp if they supplied it and they should do a talkthrough how to do it.Run malwarebytes to see if that finds anything,also save all your important data to a separate drive. You i presume have all your software and operating system up to the latest spec (i use file hippo for the software).worst case scenario is a complete reinstall.

shan007 12:48 10 Dec 14

Thank u.. But what can I do with the IP address I hv of the hacker

spuds 13:26 10 Dec 14

Having the IP address of an hacker doesn't count for much, because a true hacker will take necessary measure to safeguard themselves.

If you regard the incident serious enough, which you apparently do. Then contact your ISP using the advice by mole1944.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…