Somebody else using my computer?

pc1to1 16:52 16 Sep 03

How can I check to see if my computer has been used since I last used it? (Using W98SE)

Pesala 17:01 16 Sep 03

Chances are that the suruptitious user will change it back to UK, and forget to change it back to US again. Or unplug the keyboard, reverse the mouse buttons.

Leave a floppy disk in the drive. They will have to take it out to use the PC and may forget to put it back.

Write a line in autoexec.bat that outputs the current date to a text file.

Tj_El 17:01 16 Sep 03

hmm... I don't know if you can actually check this because I think each time the PC is booted the bootlog.txt file (which for me is where I'd look) is overwritten rather than appended.......but there are those more knowledgeable on the subject than I.

Hopefully one of them will come up with a more definite answer for you.

tradedec 22:05 16 Sep 03

Click on start,,,Find Files and Folders,,,,click on date ,,and enter the date that you think the computer was used,, click on find Now,,,then see if any of the files or folders are not from your last usage. Or click start,,,Documents,,,and see what was last opened

oglemire 22:17 16 Sep 03

i have a program called logger.exe which records the date and time the pc was started. it even runs in stealth mode so it hides from task manager / close program . I have had it so long I can not recall where i got it from but this will point you in a good direction

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…