some xp pro niggles

johnnyrocker 09:50 22 Nov 07

i shall try to be brief, i have as above with 512mb memory and ecs K75SA motherboard and what happens is this, if i print out a doc i cant print another til i reboot (prog not responding) i get the same prob when trying to read a cd with pictures in, as soon as i try to do anything like search images etc i get prog not responding, a reboot does not solve this my pc seems unable to handle cd operation and the rest,i have done a crucial scan and it says i have an empty second memory slot, but also says 1.i have max mem on board
2.board capable of 1024 meg.
would more memory be likely to solve my issues or is it a new pc for christmas time?

johnny.

MAJ 10:16 22 Nov 07

Not sure if more memory, in itself, would solve the issues, johnnyrocker, but with only 512MB, more memory is always desirable.

The printing error could be caused by a spooling error, try uninstalling and re-installing the printer.

The CD with images issue might be caused by large image files on the CD, more memory might help there though.

johnnyrocker 10:19 22 Nov 07

my thanks for that, the cd error applies with any disk in machine it seems to get a mental block;) and does nothing

johnny

johnnyrocker 11:06 22 Nov 07

prob always but now i have more time on my hands i might get round to sorting it or try to

johnny.

johnnyrocker 11:23 22 Nov 07

cheers i have doubled the sizes as it was onl 2 meg above ,minimum required ie 768 m and a max of 1536 doubled so we shall see in due course. again my thanks.

johnny.

MAJ 12:08 22 Nov 07

Make sure that the print spooler service is started in Services: Start > Run, type:

services.msc

and click OK. Scroll down to the "Print Spooler" entry, double-click it and change/set the "Startup Type" to Automatic, click Apply and OK to exit. Make sure the "Status" is "Started", then try your printing again.

MAJ 12:14 22 Nov 07

Before trying to print again, johnnyrocker, right-click on your printer's icon in Control Panel > Printers and Faxes, choose Properties > Advanced tab and make sure the options:

"Spool Print Documents so program finishes printing faster"

and "Start Printing Immediately"

are ticked, click Apply and OK to exit. Now try printing.

johnnyrocker 13:30 22 Nov 07

thanks will give that a try

johnny.

johnnyrocker 13:41 22 Nov 07

printing now seems ok and machine seems to be making less hard work of things poss due to the resizing of page file so will watch with interest on performance.

johnny

johnnyrocker 14:35 22 Nov 07

eading cd's with pics also seems much better MARG7 you may have hit the nail on the head, if you prove to have you have my thanks

johnny

johnnyrocker 09:53 23 Nov 07

matters are greatly improved so i shall close for now til i get the next prob lol, sincerest thanks to Marg7 who seems to have hit the nail on the head.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…