Some websites "This website cannot be accessed"

compumac 10:24 28 Jun 14

Switched on desktop this morning and whereas I can access this website I cannot access many of the others that are normally available. "This page cannot be displayed". I then tried my laptop and get the same experience. I can access some websites but not others. Checking broadband speed shows normal speed. Same scenario with Mobile phone using broadband connection Using BT Broadband.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:42 28 Jun 14

Just looked into this as we have the same problem. Call 150 and there is a recorded message telling us that there is a major network problem, causing intermittent or no internet access, which they are working on.

compumac 10:58 28 Jun 14

Mr Mistoffelees I called them and whereas they indicated a problem with broadband and on accessing their 0800 169 0199 for further information, the automated voice told me the areas with the problem and I am nowhere near.

I just have to accept the fact that they have not established all of the areas concerned with the fault.

tullie 11:46 28 Jun 14

I have had the same problem with my bt connection.It now appears to be ok.

Zurdo 11:49 28 Jun 14

Yeah, looks like BT fixed the problem. It's racing along now. Had me worried for a while, Ipad said not connected to Internet and laptop very hit and miss.

compumac 12:18 28 Jun 14

Mine now all OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…