some websites do not work

Bignoj 15:59 08 Jun 05

i messed about with my settings yesterday and dont know what ive done. Site such as click here do not work any more, the menu on the left and the main information with all the races/events do not come up. Also, when i click any of the links at the top they do not work. Is it java i need to sort out or something else?
Your help is much appreciated.

Bignoj 16:00 08 Jun 05

also, i cannot select or delete my messages on hotmail.

Gaz W 17:13 08 Jun 05

Looking at the source code to the website, it could be JavaScript you need to re-enable. Which browser are you using?

Gaz W 17:20 08 Jun 05

For Mozilla Firefox it's Tools > Options > Web Features, and tick Enable JavaScript. You can also click Advanced to configure a few JavaScript features that you can disable. Then obviously click OK.

And here's how to do it in IE: click here

Bignoj 17:37 08 Jun 05

thanx for that gaz.
I use IE and tried all of that but it didnt work. When im on hotmail and try to delete a message, i can select the tick box but cannot delete them. when i press delete nothing happens. also i cannot open an email message. but when i hover over the link to the message it says something like "javascrip g:(....etc" in the bottom left where the destination of the link is usually. i rmbr deleting alot of active x stuff through NOD32 could it be a problem with that?

Gaz W 19:29 08 Jun 05

All I can think of at the moment is try what you suggested yourself about ActiveX. I disabled ActiveX and it still seenmed to work. Sometimes with IE I think you have to close it first, then open it again, for any changes to take effect.

VoG II 19:42 08 Jun 05

Try installing Sun Java click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…