some weblinks wont work?? java?? javascript???

jc8888 17:30 23 May 05

i think ms beta antispyware software blocked something on my pc. now certain weblinks won't work, very frustrating. have a hunch it may be linked to java or javascript but dont know much about either. i have deleted ms antispyware.
when i click on an affected link the pc pauses, then the screen goes white and then returns to the original screen.
what is microsoft VM and could this help?????
thanks for your help ppl!

VoG II 17:34 23 May 05

Try click here

http:// windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm without the space after //

jc8888 18:22 23 May 05

thanks for that, i have already tried that without success. i think you helped someoen else with the same problem. im sure its something similar. any ideas?
thanks

VoG II 18:24 23 May 05

Try Sun Java click here

jc8888 18:24 23 May 05

i forgot to mention when i got to the installation phase and put in my windows cds it didnt seem to read them properly. i tried pressing cancel, this didnt work either.

jc8888 18:34 23 May 05

also tried that. downloaded latest java from sun. some links that previously didnt work did, but now they have stopped.

VoG II 18:48 23 May 05

Microsoft VM click here (no longer available from MS).

" i forgot to mention when i got to the installation phase and put in my windows cds it didnt seem to read them properly. i tried pressing cancel, this didnt work either." Installation phase of what?

jc8888 19:16 23 May 05

could you send me the address as a name rather than a link, as i cant access the links-this is part of the problem.
with reference to the second part, it was when i was installing and trying to run IE FIX, i was asked for the windows xp service pack2 cd???? which i dont have. so i pressed the cancel button, but it didnt work.
thanks

VoG II 20:11 23 May 05

Sorry

http:// click here

VoG II 20:14 23 May 05

1. Quit all programs that are running.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.

3. Type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

and then click OK.

4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Shdocvw.dll

Msjava.dll

Actxprxy.dll

Oleaut32.dll

Mshtml.dll

Browseui.dll

Shell32.dll

Restart your PC.

jc8888 13:19 24 May 05

yes i have also tried typing in those various commands into the run line. the only one that came up with an erro was the ms java. since then i have downloaded a new msjava.dll from a dll directory on the internet. now the ms java prompt in file: run works but i still have the problem. the other thing i have noticed is when i click on a defective link the message bar at the bottom of the screen says "javascript:ol(web address of defective link)
any help?
should i continue and download the vm?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…