some strange happenings

lonemascot 22:30 19 Jun 05

i recently formatted my hdd and reinstalled all my windows etc. however some of the characters on my keyboard have switched places ie. the @ symbol is now coming out " very annoying. i tried uninstalling the driver and updating it, no success.

how do i fix this

Also the date and time on programs and files are listed in american format ie month day year. how do i change this back to good old english speak.

cheers guys

Pooke 22:34 19 Jun 05

control panel and then regional settings.

set everything to uk.

Pooke 22:35 19 Jun 05

and that's for XP

Completealias 22:37 19 Jun 05

You need to change the regional settings to english uk and not english american

Go to the control panel then language and regional options choose the regional and language option on the language tab click details and make sure english uk is there if not add it and make that your default language then check in regional options that english uk is default, you can remove english us if you wish

Pooke 22:44 19 Jun 05

"regional and language options" is the correct one in control panel.

doh, silly me.

lonemascot 23:03 19 Jun 05

done that and fixed the time settings. thank you

just the weird keyboard to fix now please.

Pooke 23:10 19 Jun 05

that's in the same place is it not?

control panel, regional and language options, then click languages tab, click "details" button in "text services and input languages" box.

that should allow you to change the keyboard language. again make sure it's set to United Kingdom.

Hairy Yeti 23:27 19 Jun 05

Don't miss the setting under the 'Advanced' tab in 'Regional and Language Options'

lonemascot 21:16 20 Jun 05

thanks guys you're the best!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…