Some programmes slow

EWJ 10:22 10 Jul 05

Does anyone have any ideas on why just certain programmes have started to open up very slow. I have Win XP pro, 512 Ram, 120 hard drive, AMD 1.8+ system.
Most of my programmes open and run ok but some ie paint shop pro, windows explorer have started to hang for several minutes once their start window opens. Once fired up they perform as normal.
I have cleaned up my drive and run anti-virus, ad aware etc and defragged without any improvement. In resources nothing looks abnormal.
Up to a couple of days ago all was fine, the only prog I have added was google earth which I have un-installed anyway.
Thanks for any help

spuds 10:31 10 Jul 05

Sometimes when you install new programmes, then uninstall them, they can upset the configurations within other programmes.Have you tried running any registry check type programme!.

As a possible suggestion, but I could be wrong, it may pay to try a restore, from the previous good settings.

EWJ 10:41 10 Jul 05

Good idea - i will run reg vac now. I did use go-back to reset to a time before the installation though.

EWJ 10:47 10 Jul 05

Have run re vac. It found several entries to google earth which I deleted but things haven't improved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…