some programes cant connect to net?

sype 21:58 06 Feb 07

just bought a new laptop running windows XP home. 2 programs cant connect to the internet. one is my hp printer software update programe and the other is winmx music. I have turned off the firewalls and allowed the programs access in the firewall program. any ideas what could be stopping these programms connecting?

birdface 09:52 07 Feb 07

Could be your anti-Virus ,You have turned your [Firewalls] off.Do you have more than one,Could be a Cookie problem,Try double clicking your privacy report on bottom taskbar,Make sure that they are not blocked on there,Or try Start,Right click my computer,Properties,Hardware,Device manager,Make sure that there are no yellow exclamation marks on any of your programs,Now having said all that ,just one more ,Are you running Norton Internet Security,

provider 2 10:04 07 Feb 07

sype,
Maybe you had the same problem that annoyed the hell out of me?click here

sype 16:53 07 Feb 07

tried your ideas but nothing has worked. and yes i am running norton internet security. but they worked together fine on my desktop before it broke.

birdface 22:53 07 Feb 07

The main problem will probably be Norton,I know its not a good idea,If you could turn your Firewall and Anti-Virus off,Then try the two programs that you cannot run,and see what happens,If by any chance that you still have windows Firewall turned on as well as Nortons, it is advisable to turn one off,

birdface 11:01 08 Feb 07

You have already tried it with Firewall turned off,Try it with just the Anti-Virus turned off,

sype 15:29 08 Feb 07

thanks for your ideas but still no connecion with everything turned off. in nortons firewall program control both programs are allowed to connect to the net. i think this is going to remain a mystery.

provider 2 16:53 08 Feb 07

Is this the kind of problem you are experiencing?
click here

birdface 21:27 10 Feb 07

Try checking your add-ons.Tools,Enable or dissable add-ons,Make sure none of them are dissabled.

sype 11:03 11 Feb 07

all are enabled

provider 2 11:28 11 Feb 07

This any help?click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac