Some more advice on site please

The GnoMe 20:21 25 Mar 04

HI all
Since you all helped me design a site for my father’s solicitors, I have made some changes over the past few months and it now looks a bit different to when you all first helped me
Can you see any flaws? Or how I can change it to make it better as I really value all your help (no matter how harsh)
As without you all I couldn’t have even made it in the first place

click here

Forum Editor 23:44 25 Mar 04

It's simple and hits precisely the right note.

Two comments:-

1. I would like to see more use of imagery - nothing too specific or flashy, but pages without some colour look uninteresting. The image on the 'Contact us' page is perfect - why not try to continue that feel on the other pages?

2. There's no map on the directions page.

3. The font mix is perfect, but I wonder if a reduction of one point size for the body text might look better?

Well done - this is a light year of improvement away from your first attempt.

Forum Editor 23:44 25 Mar 04

Just noticed.

IClaudio 00:00 26 Mar 04

Yes, looks good!

1. I like the drop shadow on Robert's picture, maybe you should do the same for the other pictures.

2. The globe graphic in the lefthand frame is still jumping around, just like your original site.

3. I agree with FE about the font size.

Doh, I've done the same as FE ;)

Forum Editor 00:14 26 Mar 04

I loathe and detest the use of the phrase "free estimate" - all estimates should be free. I think a better way of saying it would be "An obligation-free estimate of charges supplied on request" 01:28 26 Mar 04

but I still veiw all web pages in a 800x600 window. I have the capabolities to view at a larger size, but have got used to having my window set in the bottom left of screen, with top and left for quick access to desktop items. Maybe I'm in the minority, but it does cause sideways scrolling, or having to click the full screen icon.

That's just personal, but apart from that it seems great.

Cheers, Whiz...

whatsupdoc 08:27 26 Mar 04

it has the right amount of gravitas for a solicitors.
a little more imagery would be nice but the existing pics look great.
i didn't see the earlier site but this one looks how most people would expect it to look from a solicitors, professionally put together.

Sir Radfordin 09:47 26 Mar 04

A passing comment...

One Robert Bingham looks very surprised to have been caught on camera...hope he wasn't looking at anything he shouldn't have been on that computer ;)

The GnoMe 15:45 26 Mar 04

thanks guys i will have a go at the changes you suggested

Watch this space

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…