some little XP advice please

Andy.F. 15:31 03 Sep 04

Hello good folks...after nearly 6 years of win98 I'm going out this weekend to buy a new computer. I'm not very keen on XP for what I've seen of it on friends computers and would like to ask the following please. when I put a disk in the drive that isn't autoboot can I turn off the wee window that asks open with and the selection of programs..can it be turned off without turning off the autoboot or holding the shift key......can the window that asks if you want to send a report after a little problem be turned off...I heard that XP can be run to look like older versions of windows...dose this give the same feel as win98.....and finally a little technical question...in my computer I have a second hard drive for storing little programs, photos, music etc. will I simply be able to take it from my computer and space allowing conect it to my new computer without any fidley biios settings etc. I have a load of stuff on the second drive I dont want to lose or transfer to discs. many many thanks once again....Andy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:45 03 Sep 04

Once set autorun will start CD without the window if you require.

Error reporting can be switched off.click here

Classic view makes XP look and run like win98.

You can add second hard drive but will require a minor fiddle in BIOS. Fit 2nd HDD
click here
click here

Taw® 17:06 03 Sep 04

As an ardent 98SE supporter I begrudgingly moved to XP home. At the beginning I kept telling myself it was no match for 98. However now into my second year, upped to XP pro and would never go back. Still use 98 at work and am pushing madly for my employer to upgrade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…