some large files will write to disk but wont play

spongey 13:06 12 Jan 03
  spongey 13:06 12 Jan 03

the problem that i am having is that i'm trying to get some large files off my hard drive and on to disk to free up space. however whilst they will all write to disk, some will play from the disk and others will not. i dont think they would write in the first place if there wasn't space on the disk. so why will the file on the pc play but the exact same file that ive written to disk wont. can anyone help ? this is doing my head in.

Forum Editor 16:13 12 Jan 03

I assume you mean music tracks. How are you writing these tracks to CD - what software are you using?

Forum Editor 16:14 12 Jan 03

from Consumerwatch

davehyde 18:47 12 Jan 03

..... just out of interest are you the same Spongey who has been on the Jools Holland Yahoo group and was the originator of the Sam Brown one?

If so - small world and "Hi!"

If not - someone else is using your alias!!

Dave

spongey 22:30 12 Jan 03

by large files i mean divx and xvid files. surely they wouldnt write if the file is too big for the cd. so why wont they play from cd?

The PC Doctor 22:40 12 Jan 03

a> Copy one of these to a CD - see if it will play.

b> Copy back from CD onto PC (in a different folder) and play.

a> Works ok = no problems.

b> Works ok = no problems.

If a> doesn't work but b> does then problems with your CD Rom.

The only thing I can suggest is to try a lower write speed that sometimes works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…