some email going to computer which I've given away

Potterer 15:21 24 Jul 03

My son has set up his own ntl account on the computer I gave him and I've transferred my own account OK. However, some of my email is going to him and he can't email me-they just go back to his computer. Both computers have XP Home.I have given him my password to see if that helps.

Smiler 15:26 24 Jul 03

Get your son to look in tools-accounts, in his e-mail reeader, to see if it is set up to receive your e-mails as well as his own. If so he needs to delete your account from this list.

Smiler has it in one - your email account is still active on his computer and when he goes to send and receive it is collecting from your account as well. Hence, when he tries to email you, he will collect the email before it has a chance to sit on the server for you to collect.

Exactly as above - Tools - Accounts - Email - View Email Accounts and then highlight your account and delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…