Some e-mail addresses not working,,,, some are ?

Furkin 10:44 24 Mar 08

Hi all,
Sorry to ask again but,,,,

I have lost the ‘outgoing/sending’ of some of my e-mail addresses.
I use Supanet (dial-up) ISP.
I use BT.BBand

I ‘synchronise’ the two (sorry if this is the wrong phrase here !)
For my own reasons I use Outlook Express for my mailing.
To this I have ‘synchronised’ my BT.B.Band system.

I have a couple of BT addresses that use very infrequently.
Most of my used addresses/records are on Supanet.

All was well until I tried to add a new supanet address yesterday.

After inputting all the data for the new address, things went haywire.

I have lost the ‘sending’ power of 8 existing addresses within Supanet.
I still have the sending power of 3 existing addresses within Supanet.
As far as I can make out, I can still ‘receive’ e-mails to them all.

At the same time I had lost loads of data/address/faves in my I.Explorer.
After trying several things I did a restore to the day before.
Fortunately this made I.Explorer o.k again,,,, but not the supanet/e-mail side.

I didn’t touch anything in any e-mail folder,,,, merely added a new name/address - which I have deleted whilst I get this sorted.

As far as I can see, all the settings seem o.k (the working ones are the same as the ‘unworking’ ones

I have looked at a couple of ‘reasons’ in btyahoo.com that pop up, but the link doesn’t seem to exist.

Any ideas please ?

rawprawn 11:22 24 Mar 08

I have a similar problem,I can send from all 5 of my email addresses but receive only from one. There is a small article in the Yorkshire Post this morning saying that BT are having problems with a server and are trying to fix it. This has been ongoing for a couple of days.
I would just wait a while and not change anything.

VoG II 11:31 24 Mar 08
  Furkin 11:55 24 Mar 08

thanks folks,

R.PRAWN:
It's the other way round for me - I seem to be able to receive on all addresses but only send on 3

VoG:
I looked at the article VoG,,, they seem to say that the problem is 'localised',,,,, that obviously means somewhere in the very West Of Cornwall then,,,, as that's where I am !?!?

I don't s'pose BT can tell us any more about area's / times etc ?
Where is the best place to try asking BT - on-line or calling ?

cheers

rawprawn 12:06 24 Mar 08

You could try 0800800030

rawprawn 13:53 24 Mar 08

I have just managed to log in to BTYahoo online and get to my main account. There were 2 messages in the inbox which I deleted and I can now Send and receive mail in Outlook. I checked all my other accounts while I was there but they were all empty.

Furkin 14:26 24 Mar 08

Well done R.Prawn:
The BT numbers that i've tried for updates don't get anywhere.
My problem 'may' be cos i'm trying to use Supanet via BT.BB (which I have done for some time now)?!
I'd love a BT service centre to say "Yes, we have a problem in your area" so that I can leave things alone for a while.
On the other hand, if I knew for certain that my area was o.k, I could carry on looking at other than BT for help.
---------------------------
I've been able to get on-line for browsing etc all the time (apart from an initial snap - where I 'Restored') - my problem is sending e-mails from O.Express.

All (cept 1) my settings are the same, so I can't understand why a couple of 'em work, but most don't !

I'm not 100% sure that the BT fault is causing mine - especially in my area - but I can't do much about it, more than beg on these pages.

well done again.

rawprawn 20:52 24 Mar 08

Back to square one, all locked up again and this time I can't get in.

rawprawn 08:35 25 Mar 08

It's working OK again this morning, lets hope they have solved the problem.

Furkin 08:39 25 Mar 08

TUE: Where as yesterday I could 'receive' ALL addresses,,,,, today I can only receive about 3 !
Still can't 'send' most of them.

I could do with knowing if my problem is down to BT,,,, or something I did.

I don't want to wait for BT to fix its-self (!?!?) if it dosn't help me,,,, nor do I want to play with my equipment (!!??) if it's perfect !

-----------------------
Access to B.Band hasn't been effected - only the e-mail side.

Have just dropped a note to Yahoo Help Desk - but have no idea if or when they might reply.

sorry to hear that yours down again,,,,,,,,,

Furkin 08:46 25 Mar 08

Todays error on trying to receive:

""The server responded with an error. Account: ‘?????’, Server: 'pop.supanet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90""

Excuse my ignorance - but does anyone know if this has anything to do with AVG ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…