solving keyboard issues on laptop

zanneth 18:30 PM 09 Oct 12

Hi Guys

I have been having problems with my keyboard for some time now, but it has got progressively worse recently. When I am typing the cursor will suddenly jump to another line, or if I press shift for a capital the whole area typed will highlight and disappear. The worst one is the W key, most of the time I have to hit the key hard for it to work and other times it spells out twice in succession. I have been onto the supplier once and was talked through a reset of the config of the keyboard, but that didn't really solve the issue. I have put up with it and got used to it, but now I am having to watch every keystroke I make, as I have had to do tying this. Does anyone have any ideas, aside from throwing the laptop at the nearest wall!! Thanks

Zanneth

Ian in Northampton 18:47 PM 09 Oct 12

Is it at all possible that someone has spilled something on the keyboard? You're describing the classic symptoms.

zanneth 18:51 PM 09 Oct 12

Hi Ian

No to that, nothing has been spilled. Iv'e also checked the driver and that's up to date. I'm really puzzled as everything I try makes no difference..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:28 PM 09 Oct 12

Probably full of muck

see here to clean

onthelimit1 09:07 AM 10 Oct 12

On most laptops, it's cheap and easy to swap it for a new one. If you're reluctant to do that, and you use the laptop mainly in the same place, you could plug-in a USB one for a fiver. What make and model is it?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things