//some 3rd party need geo

Solved---"drive not accesible, incorrect function"

david.h 16:16 18 Nov 03

I have submitted a couple of threads recently re this problem with no useful solution.

i was reformatting each time to get round it.

the answer is INCD seems to get corrupted from other program upgrades occasionaly, uninstalling INCD via the Control Panel in XP and re installing from the web or CD does not help if some versions of norton is loaded.

the solution is to use the clean INCD tool on the Ahead web site then reinstall from the web, this saves the problem of reformating and reloading the whole system again and works peacefully with Norton.

thank you for all those that offered help on those earlier threads.

Diodorus Siculus 16:36 18 Nov 03

Thanks for the info - it is always good to get feedback like this.

Can I suggest that you link this to the previous threads also - when people do a search, they might find your previous threads unsolved.

Keep up the good work :-}

david.h 17:09 18 Nov 03

don't know how to link them

Jester2K II 17:12 18 Nov 03

Open the old posting, copy the Address and paste it in here.

The usual way of closing a thread is to comment on what solved it and then tick the "resolved" box. Anyone not following the old thread won't have a clue what this is about...

©®@$? 17:13 18 Nov 03

see the address bar at the top, highlight the text right click on the text and click copy

now goto your (my) postings and open up the thread which was about your problem and in the message box right click and paste

that will put this thread into the other thread

nhojnhoj 11:53 19 Nov 03

i am still having this problem and after searching through the microsoft forum it seems to be a common problem and no definitive answer is forthcoming. i have searched microsoft knowledge and tried all suggestions to no avail.

i did the above (thanks david h) and now at least my copy of nero is working correctly but my windows xp burning software is still goosed.
if i try to open a window to drop files in i get that error message `d is not accessible :incorrect function`

at least i know its not my drive now so thats progress i suppose!

david.h 14:43 19 Nov 03

if you have nero you have to disable xp burning software as they tend to clash

Stuartli 14:57 19 Nov 03

I have XP Pro and use Nero exclusively - there have been no apparent difficulties.

nhojnhoj 15:58 19 Nov 03

but even with nero uninstalled i can`t use xp burning?! what about copying bog standard documents? is nero straightforward to use for these?

when you say disable do you mean..
control panel>admin tools>imapi cd burning service>properties>disable

nhojnhoj 15:59 19 Nov 03

sorry,one other point i wondered....
can the burning software be uninstalled and reinstalled as a separate item or is it inbuilt with xp?

david.h 17:56 19 Nov 03

for documents I use INCD which is on your nero disc.

to disable xp burning goto my computer-r/click the RW drive - properties -recording tab-and take the tick out of the box. put the tick back in to restore xp burning.

if you are using nero or incd or both take the rick out of the box that is all you have to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…