the solution to my recent error 721 problems.

Brumas 19:32 27 Mar 05

I had not posted a request for the solution of this problem on the forum but I thought other forum members (as clueless as I) might find the information useful should it happen to them.

Over the last couple of days occaisionally I couldn't get online unless I pulled the modem lead from the single USB socket, rebooted, reconnected and tried again (information,incidentally received from the BT helpline - as I am with them) This time I sent a question online through their helpdesk and received the information below which, touch wood seems to be working !

It sounds like there may be some power management problems relating to your USB ports. With Windows XP there is a built in Power Management feature which can be disabled.
Goto START -> CONTROL PANEL
Then if the link on the left hand side reads "Switch to Classic view" please click it, if it reads, "Switch to Category view" just continue
Double click on SYSTEM
Left click the HARDWARE tab
Left click DEVICE MANAGER button (Middle on the right)
Scroll to UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS and left click the "+" Sign.

For each USB ROOT HUB:
Double left click the USB ROOT HUB
Left click the POWER MANAGEMENT tab
Untick the box that says, "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Left click OK.
Scroll up to NETWORK ADAPTERS and left click the "+" sign Double left click the BT VOYAGER ADSL MODEM.
Left click the POWER MANAGEMENT tab
Untick the box, which says, "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Left click OK
ReBoot.

Wuggy 22:52 27 Mar 05

>>Bump

THE TERMINATOR 00:10 28 Mar 05

Thanks for the tip. My modem sometimes goes to sleep and the port has to be pulled and re-inserted. Hope it works.

Storik 12:41 28 Mar 05

..bump

Brumas 20:10 28 Mar 05

I shall leave this till after the Easter break then I shall green-tick it.

THE TERMINATOR 01:00 29 Mar 05

ttt

Brumas 18:02 29 Mar 05

Terminator - does ttt stand for :- Terrific Top Tip or To The Top or Tried,Totally Trash ;O]
Hope this has helped anyone, I shall now green-tick it.

Cheers.....Brumas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac