Solitaire weirdness

interzone55 15:34 08 Oct 05

My PC has on OEM copy of XP Pro installed. For some reason the games were not installed.

As I enjoy a quick game of solitaire every now and again I copied the file sol.exe form my Win 2000 laptop.

When running this file in XP I get a different set of card backs, and Solitaire now remembers my preferences, whereas in Win 2000 it always starts with the default settings.

Anyone know why this is? It's of no consequence, I'm just curious that's all.

Andsome 15:51 08 Oct 05

There is a vastly superior free solitaire game here.

click here

Andsome 15:55 08 Oct 05

This is the link that I should have given, it is the program that I have used for years.

click here

Graham ® 17:47 08 Oct 05

Go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. Select Add/Remove Windows components. You can add Games there.

You can download a trial version of BVS Solitaire from click here. To buy costs about £11, well worth it for serious players. Caution: Forty Thieves is highly addictive!

Andybear 18:02 08 Oct 05

This is a great programme. I've now become addicted to Montana :-)

interzone55 22:00 08 Oct 05

Sorry, I must have confused everyone here...

I managed to move solitaire from my Win 2000 laptop and onto my XP PC, I was just pointing out that the backs of the cards on the XP system were different to the back son the Win 2000 system.

I was merely wondering way this was, are the card backs stored in a file somewhere within Windows? If so this would explain the difference.

Anyway, I've downloaded the program Andsome mentioned and will have a go with this, you never can have too much of Solitaire, it's the reason I've got a 3gig processor, 1.5 gig of ram and a £200 graphics card...

VoG II 22:04 08 Oct 05

You probably need to reformat and flash your BIOS for such a serious problem.

Andsome 12:34 09 Oct 05

Glad you like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…