download problem

Dannyb 10:37 11 Apr 04

I have just purchased mcafee internet security suite 6 from the above company but whenever I click on the download button the only thing that gets downloaded is called "RTAcgi" I've no idea what it is and if double clicked, nothing happens. I have emailed the company to ask them what is happening but there won't be anybody there to reply until Tuesday. Has anybody any ideas what could be the problem?

keith-236785 10:57 11 Apr 04

found this on google

What is the Vbox client or RTAcgi.exe or Installer.exe and why do I need it?

The Vbox client is the helper application that you will download with your first purchase of downloadable software. This application assists in downloading and decrypting your final product. This first time download is about 744 kilobytes in size.

perhaps you stopped the download too quickly.

you will now have to wait until tuesday to speak to the company, if you get no satisfaction the do not delay, Cancel the payment.

then phone them again, tell them what you have done (as in cancelled the payment) and also say if they want your bussiness now and in the future, then they had better think about improving thier customer relations.

also found this,

if you get an error message when you double click the downloaded file, is it this

Error "200, 2" - error when launching Installer.exe or rtacgi.exe from the desktop

if so take a look here

click here

this seems to be for roxio's stuff but may be of help.

Dannyb 09:50 12 Apr 04

Thanks for that. I checked out the above and found that I needed to switch off my firewall and popup stopper programmes and then it downloaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…